Please read the following COVID-19 Patient Care Document, available for download below before making an appointment:
Appointments are arranged following a referral by your GP or another Specialist. Appointment enquiries can be made by calling 08 6457 0303. A messaging service is available out of hours or when the admin desk is not attended.
If this is your first visit to the practice please arrive 10 min early to complete your registration.
What should I bring to my appointment?
- Your Medicare card
- Referral letter from your GP or Specialist (if not already sent to us)
- Your current medication list
- Relevant tests (such as blood tests, CT or MRI scans, EEGs, nerve conduction studies or EMG) or relevant letters from other specialists if available
What to expect
The length of the initial appointment is expected to vary for most cases between 30 minutes for assessment of a single problem and 45 minutes for assessment of a complex issue. Times may vary considerably from person to person depending on the severity and complexity of the problem and the expectations of the referring medical practitioner. A usual neurological consultation includes:
- Review of investigations (if any)
- Management Plan
Following your appointment, you will receive a copy of the letter sent to your doctor for your records.
Fees & Payment
Payment is required on the day of consultation. The fee will vary according to the complexity and duration of the consultation. Billing is at the discretion of the doctor.
We accept EFTPOS, Mastercard, and Visa. Your Medicare claim will be processed online at the time of payment; your Medicare rebate will vary depending on whether you have reached your threshold.
For estimated fees and gap payments please call us at 08 6457 0303.
Appointment cancellations & changes
Please provide a minimum of 48 hour notice if you wish to cancel or reschedule your appointment. You can contact reception (on tel. 6457 0303) or email us (to firstname.lastname@example.org). Appointments can be rescheduled for another date depending on availability.
Please note that 8 Verdun Street is most easily accessed via Aberdare Road
USEFUL HEALTH SITES
- Information on Neurological and Mental Health condition from WA's Department of Health
- Patient information from Australia's Brain Foundation
- Patient information on Neurological conditions according to NHS England standards
- Patient community support in WA
- Information on conditions, medications, symptom checker and health services in Australia
- Information for all health conditions and medications
- Australian Medicine Finder
- 1300MEDICINES; Direct line information for consumers on prescription, over-the-counter and complementary medicines
Headache & Migraine
- International League Against Epilepsy
- Epilepsy Action Australia-a useful resource for patients and carers
- Epilepsy Association WA
- Healthy WA
Epilepsy, Women & Pregnancy